|1998 California General Election|
Political Party Statements of Purpose
|American Independent Party|
The American Independent Party, California Affiliate of the U.S. Taxpayers Party, believes in redeeming our Country by restoring the tenets of our U.S. Constitution and supports:
- The sanctity of human life, including the life of the unborn;
- Improved quality of public education as well as encouragement of private and home school alternatives;
- Control of crime, with stiff penalties for repeat offenders;
- Protection of the right of citizens to keep and bear arms as provided for in our Bill of Rights;
- Protection of American jobs from the foreign competition of NAFTA and GATT/WTO agreements;
- Control of immigration, legal and illegal, and denial of all tax funded benefits to illegal aliens;
- A debt free money system and abolishment of the I.R.S.;
- A non-interventionist foreign policy with a strong national defense free of waste and corruption.
We oppose any proposed revisions in the California Constitution which would limit the right to vote, impair the people's right of initiative, frustrate voter adopted term limits, make it easier for government to tax and spend or create non-responsive bureaucratic dominated regional governments.
We oppose government speculation with Social Security funds.
We oppose affirmative action programs which substitute racial favoritism for ability.
MERTON D. SHORT, State Chairman
American Independent Party
P.O. Box 180
Durham, CA 95938
FAX (530) 345-4224
Web Site: www.wordpr.com/aip