|1998 California General Election|
Political Party Statements of Purpose
|Peace and Freedom Party|
Peace and Freedom Party stands for democracy, ecology, feminism and socialism. We work toward a world where cooperation replaces competition; where all people are well fed, clothed and housed; where all women and men have equal status; a world of peace and freedom where every community retains its cultural integrity and lives with others in harmony. Our vision includes:
- Full employment with a shorter work week; double the minimum wage and index.
- Restore affirmative action.
- Representation in legislative bodies in proportion to the votes received.
- Abolish NAFTA/GATT/WTO/MAI.
- Self determination for all nations and people.
- Conversion from a military to a peace economy.
- Social ownership and democratic management of industry, resources and distribution.
- End homelessness; provide decent affordable housing for all; abolish vagrancy laws.
- Quality health care, education and transportation.
- Free birth control; abortion on demand; no forced sterilization.
- Restore and protect clean air, water, land and ecosystems; develop renewable energy.
- End discrimination based on race, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
- Defend and extend the Bill of Rights; oppose the phony drug war; legalize marijuana; decriminalize
- drug use (provide treatment).
- Abolish the death penalty and laws against victimless acts.
- Shift taxes to the rich for human needs.
C.T. WEBER, State Chair
Peace and Freedom Party of California
P.O. Box 741270
Los Angeles, CA 90004
Web Site: www.cruzio.com/~pfparty