|Electric Utilities. Assessments. Bonds.|
|Full Text of
- Prohibits assessment of utility tax, bond payments or surcharges for payment of costs of nuclear power plants/related assets.
- Limits authority of electric companies to recover costs for non-nuclear generation plants.
- Prohibits issuance of rate reduction bonds and assessments on customers for payment of bond principal, interest, and related costs.
- Provides judicial review of Public Utilities Commission decisions relating to electric restructuring and financing costs by writ of mandate.
- May provide up to 20% electricity rate reduction for residential and small commercial customers of investor-owned utilities by January 1, 1999.
- Restricts customer information dissemination.
Summary of Legislative Analyst's
Estimate of Net State and Local Government Fiscal Impact:
- State government net revenue reductions potentially in the high tens of millions of dollars annually through 2001-02.
- Local government net revenue reductions potentially in the tens of millions of dollars annually through 2001-02.
- State and local government savings in utility costs, potentially in the tens of millions of dollars annually through 2001-02.
Argument in Favor of Proposition 9
Rebuttal to Argument in Favor of Proposition 9
Argument Against Proposition 9
Rebuttal to Argument Against Proposition 9
Full Text of Proposition 9